PDA

Просмотр полной версии : wing root vortices - ever to return? (dev response requested)

AlphaWhiskey
14.01.2004, 08:13
I've been told the guys who actually work on LOCKON frequent these forums. So, hope you don't mind if I post in English and ask them a question.

The wingroot vortex feature was in F2. But its not in LOMAC.

Is it possible to get it back?

Many liked that feature. It gave an indication of the energy level of the guy you were manuevering against. And received positive comments from real world fighter pilots.

What would it take to get this back?

Perhaps merely a decision from management to commit the resources required for this task?

Han
14.01.2004, 13:38
Emmm... May someone translate the termin "wingroot" to the russian terminology pleese?

Yo-Yo
14.01.2004, 13:44
Корневая часть крыла

Freddie
14.01.2004, 13:45
Имеются в виду корневые наплывы крыла. Не успел... :D

Han
14.01.2004, 15:32
Аааа... Конденсация паров воды в вихрях за наплывами на больших УА? Хе...

It's hard qestion. In wet weather we can see this effect. In dry weather - maybe not.
The main problem - is to make this effect on enought level of beaty for LOMAC.
There is a big problem in LOMAC with realization different smokes - like touchdown, smokegenerator's smoke, fire smokes, inversion smokes. (Try to make a "bell" manuver with wingtip's smokes, and you'll see it)
On a current tecnology, I think, it is not possible to make a real good effect.

PS
In wet weather in reality you can see much more beautyfull and mistic effects (like Steam-bubble around middle of the plane on subsonic speeds, wich are wrongly understanding by many people how a reaching supersonic barrier).

PPS
Sorry for my english...

Han
14.01.2004, 15:55
Like this?

KACATKA
14.01.2004, 22:56
Han, what did you mean by wet and dry weather?

Air moisture level? How high do you think air moisture in Crimea? ;)

Han
14.01.2004, 23:06
Моистуря - это влажность чтоль?
Ну в крыму наверное высокая... Но попытка отмазаться была ничего, да? :D

Chizh
14.01.2004, 23:17
Скорее всего будет.

KACATKA
14.01.2004, 23:29
Chizh, what did you mean by будет? Will it be implemented in a new patch or you agree that in Crimean conditions vortices should have had place in RL and, therefore, in LockON?

Han
14.01.2004, 23:40
А нормальный (как в Ф.2.5, но лучше еще и закручивающийся) дым от резины на касании будет?

KACATKA
14.01.2004, 23:47
Han, agree with, smoke at the moment of landing in Flanker 2.5 was excellent.. !

Foxbat (FOX)
14.01.2004, 23:51
Yeah, me too... It was real nice.

Hey guys, you want Eagle Dynamics to do everything in a moment? Two target tracking for Su-27/33 and MiG-29S, wingroot vortex feature (:D)... Just give 'em some time!

PS: KACATKA, you're working for translator here?:D;)

Chizh
15.01.2004, 00:08
I think, everyone understands, that means «будет».

Foxbat (FOX)
15.01.2004, 00:10
Originally posted by Chizh

Of course we do!:)

KACATKA
15.01.2004, 03:03
Originally posted by Chizh

Absolutely.. =)

будет - means that something will happen in future

but I just did not find any question asked above which you had answered to =)

Oh.. sorry.. now I can see that I was wrong..
there is THE question..
here it is - "Аааа... Конденсация паров воды в вихрях за наплывами на больших УА? Хе..."
Hence you answer (будет) was appropriate ;) My fault, mate..

Nevertheless, only because you are from ED, I guessed that you meant a forthcoming patch, otherwise you answer is not full and comprehensible. So, please be more specific in future, especially while answering in non-russian topics. Thank you.

Foxbat, у нас задание от администрации помогать с языком и следить за порядком в англоязычных топиках

AlphaWhiskey
15.01.2004, 03:18
thank you for the response - if I understand correctly it sounds like you (ED) know the effect exists and that you *do* desire to implement it at some time.

That is good.

Thank you.

That is more than I get at the english forum.

Foxbat (FOX)
15.01.2004, 22:06
Originally posted by KACATKA
Foxbat, у нас задание от администрации помогать с языком и следить за порядком в англоязычных топиках

Серьёзно, что ли?:) Легко!;)

RB
15.01.2004, 22:14
Originally posted by Foxbat (FOX)
Серьёзно, что ли?:) Легко!;)

English only my friend :)

Foxbat (FOX)
15.01.2004, 22:22
Originally posted by RB
English only my friend :)

Oh, crap, sorry! It's my fault!;)

Olgerd