PDA

Просмотр полной версии : separate button for each missile

AlphaWhiskey
15.01.2004, 18:24
I've brought this up on the english-based forums, but get no response from the devs. Just user's opinions on whether it would be feasible or a good idea or not.

I don't know how missiles are selected in Russian jets, but in US jet's you push the 4-way switch forward for say an AMRAAM, all the way back for guns, left and right for AIM-7 or AIM-9.

Would it be possible to get a separate button for each kind of missile?

If its possible, is this something that could get placed on the "to do" list?

(I should note, there *is* a missile cycle switch in some US jets. Sometimes there is more than one type of the same kind of missile and you want to use it instead of the currently selected missile. So, that feature in LOCKON should stay.)

:)

Thanks guys.

EgorKA
15.01.2004, 19:00
What is it for?

KACATKA
15.01.2004, 20:06
2 EgorKA

It's not the question =)

The question is Would it be possible to get a separate button for each king of missile. What for? For the sake of realism. =)

2 AW, does your proposal apply to the currently flyable American aircrafts in LockON (F-15, A-10) in RL? Which "some" don't have this feature?

AlphaWhiskey
15.01.2004, 22:26
Actually, I don't think any US jets don't have this feature.

F-14 - one multi-position switch controls which missile is called up.

F-15 - same

F-16 - yes

F-18 - a four-way switch controls which missile is selected

I can't think of a US jet that cycles through the weapons on board. The cycle function, like I said, is for cycling within the class of missile selected by the main weapon selection switch.

Foxbat (FOX)
15.01.2004, 22:36
What about ATG weapons on US jets? How are these selected?

Han
16.01.2004, 00:48
2 AlphaWhiskey:
I don't think, thet it is a priority correction, but you can try to tell about it with Andrey Chizh (For example - on www.lockon.ru ).

For infomation:
On russian planes there in one button "ВЫБОР ПОДВЕСОК" ("CHANGE WEAPON") on trottle stick. It is anought, becourse it is less of possibility to see payload on russian planes with much types of weapons (3-4 is maximum).

AlphaWhiskey
16.01.2004, 02:05
a2g weps are usually selected on an display in the cockpit (MFD).

As far as I know.

In the F-15E its that way. Same for F-18. (Forget how its done in F-16.)

Thanks for your attention! :)

Foxbat (FOX)
16.01.2004, 18:29
2 AlphaWhiskey

Thanks!:)