PDA

Просмотр полной версии : a general question about this forum

AlphaWhiskey
16.01.2004, 19:04
First, thank you for making provision for non-russian-speaking people. :)

Second, the reason I came to this forum in the first place is because someone else linked to it as a way to speak directly to the people who made LockOn. To get questions answered that are either ignored on the english-speaking LO forums or aren't answered because the answer isn't known or simply debated by people with mere opinions but no real knowledge (users just like me with no more experience/knowledge).

Is this a LockOn forum? Or a general aviation forum?

And, if I post a LockOn question here - in the english-only forum - what good is it if the people I want to see it don't check here?

KACATKA
16.01.2004, 19:13
This is a general aviation forum - the most visited and popular in russian speaking aviation community. So, you are in the right place for your questions. Although you, of course, can visit an official russian forum of ED at www.lockon.ru

But, don't worry AW, I personally, as a moderator of this section, contact developers as soon as I get question from any of you or anybody else from non-russian speakers.

So, feel free to ask any question as to LockOn and if there is nothing covered by NDA you will get answer from ED.

KACATKA
16.01.2004, 19:19
btw, I've passed your question regarding "buttins" for different types of missiles to ED, please wait for their reply

hope it won't be long

RB
16.01.2004, 21:51
"Is this a LockOn forum? Or a general aviation forum?"

Well, I just want to add to what KACATKA has already said. This forum covers not only avitaion in genereal (please not to be mistaken with "general aviation" ;)) but aslo land/navy/space simulators. We have some real world aviation topics as well. In addition, you can even meet some Russian pilots (ATP, military, and aerobatic ).

By the way, one of them you might already met here;). His name is RR_Kopf; he is YAK-52 aerobatic instructor, so you welcome to ask him questions in that area :)

Foxbat (FOX)
17.01.2004, 01:49
One more addition: this forum also covers topics, dedicated to russian virtual squadrons: "Stalin's Falcons", "Chelabinsk Airgroup" and other. There is section where virtual and non-virtual championships are discussedAlso we discuss here questions not related to the aviation - world politics, book, music, etc... Also hardware and software are discussed.:)

PS: Sorry for possible mistakes and possible misunderstanding. I'm drunk a bit. My friend had a birthday today...:p%)

AlphaWhiskey
17.01.2004, 03:23
LOL

Quite a group here!

And *brave*! You cover world politics??? Uh-oh! Take cover!

:)

I'll stay away from that section...

I have to say, I've had quite a friendly welcome here. That's not usually the case on the wild and wooly internet. Normally a thick skin is required - people are quick to lash out.

I'm looking forward to some interesting topics!

Cheers!

RB
17.01.2004, 03:32
Originally posted by AlphaWhiskey

I'm looking forward to some interesting topics!

Cheers!

You might need to give it a little start ;)

7iap_MoRo
17.01.2004, 18:04
This is a good practise for some people who'd like to practise his/her English!!!Some people like me!:):):):):)

Foxbat (FOX)
18.01.2004, 02:35
Yeah, me too. I realy like talking to foreiginers!

2 AlphaWhiskey

;) Cheers! We shall try!