PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Has LOMAC justified your expectations

NeverhoOd
16.01.2004, 20:43
Question is very simple. Vote or will lose! :D (joke)

Poll is only for foreigners
Other plz vote here http://forum.sukhoi.ru/showthread.php?threadid=19338&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Sweep
17.01.2004, 00:01
I voted yes...!

I think Lomac has really a great potential.
With the patches it can only get better

I'm so frustrated by Ubi who seem to have nearly done everything that was possible to sink this sim...

I just hope that the sales are good and that it will allow ED to continue Lomac branch with add-ons ( man, I would like this mirage 2000-5 as a flyable...:D )

Han
17.01.2004, 01:00
2 Sweep:
You read my mind :) LOMAC have big "cost", and in main - for it's potential, tecnical and (priority) person's (developer's).

But not only for it's potential - it's even now is a great simulator, which only (in modern time sims case) it have such combination of "feel of flight" and hardcore avionics (not always correct, but realy hardcore).

PS
Sorry for my english vodka in blood, you know... :D :D :D

Foxbat (FOX)
17.01.2004, 01:54
I'm a foreigener! I live in Latvia, not Russia!:D :D

Mostly, Lock On have justified my expectations. I wanted more detailed radio traffic, but... I like what I have now. LOCK ON FOREVER!!!!

PS: Sorry, I'm drunk a bit, as Han is...

PPS: I didn't vote! I've just expressed my opinion!

NeverhoOd
17.01.2004, 17:50
FOX, you know what I mean ;)

AlphaWhiskey
17.01.2004, 20:29
LOMAC is a good start.

It does flight models (FMs) and graphics very well, weather, mission builder (MB). And ED is *very* ambitious as far as tackling several jets at once. That is *definitely* a flower in ED's hat. And the heat effects. Wow! Also, the wingmen's movements when in close formation - looking good (can be, and probably will be, improved - but its a start and I applaud ED for the feature).

But LOMAC fails where other sims have done so well.

- Comms,

- AI (why don't they peek at the publicly available community-modified F4 AI code?)

- Clickable cockpit

- etc...

Its a shame every flight sim development group feels they have to start at ground zero when they begin a project. Why can't they take great ideas from other flight sims and use them in theirs? Why always have to reinvent the wheel?

L2 *should* be much better. That's what I would expect anyway.

Looking forward to the Hornet add-on. But, if there's no clickable pit, the Hornet will feel neutered to me because - you've got to LOOK at all those MFDs (displays) but can't interact with them.

Look, but don't touch! (Such a tease.) So, that will be very disappointing to me.

One *very* good thing about the whole project - ED seems very responsive.

I like it. They got my $$$ and they deserve more.

Here's to ED's longevity and continued success!

:)

Foxbat (FOX)
18.01.2004, 02:49
Originally posted by NeverhoOd
FOX, you know what I mean ;)

OK, OK, OK....;)

NeverhoOd
02.02.2004, 03:41
Fifty - fifty, on 2 feb :)

wazp
03.02.2004, 19:11
I voted yes, and it keeps getting more yes everytime someone ships out a quality skin, and the developers ships out patches. A great game getting even better - you gotta love it... :)