PDA

Просмотр полной версии : feed back concerning comms in LOCKON

AlphaWhiskey
19.01.2004, 07:09
I was just wondering if the devs of this sim have had a look at Janes F-18. They're comms structure and functionality is superb.

It might be a good idea to take some ideas that they use and incorporate them into your next sim. I'm assuming you do intend to continue your superb business and make LOCKON2!

:)

But, the janes group knew air combat - especially from an American perspective - and weaved that into the comms structure of the sim:

- You had an ability to query your flight as to how much ordnance they had remaining.

- You could direct your flight in terms of flight, element and division.

- There were more tactics that you could use.

- You could station your element or division to perform a CAP where you designate.

etc etc

Quite a few commands.

So many that I probably didn't even utilize them all.

Another thing, the F4 flight sim is another star. You could look there and glean valuable lessons for the AI. There are good tactics there that would earn you much praise from the American market.

Just something to think about.

:)

Foxbat (FOX)
20.01.2004, 01:12
Yeah, radio communication's structure in Jane's F/A-18E was something great.

Hey, AlphaWhiskey, do you know, is it possible to make F/A-18E work under the Win XP Pro?

"Another thing, the F4 flight sim is another star"

What's that? I haven't heard about the F4 flight sim! You mean, F-4 Phantom 2 sim???

RB
20.01.2004, 01:16
Originally posted by Foxbat (FOX)
Yeah, radio communication's structure in Jane's F/A-18E was something great.

Hey, AlphaWhiskey, do you know, is it possible to make F/A-18E work under the Win XP Pro?

"Another thing, the F4 flight sim is another star"

What's that? I haven't heard about the F4 flight sim! You mean, F-4 Phantom 2 sim???

I think it's Falcon 4.0...

AlphaWhiskey
20.01.2004, 07:41
correct -- falcon4.0

about XP - I would refer you along to SimHQs forum...

here's a relevant thread:
http://oldsite.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=32;t=007681;p=

and a relevant quote:

"I just reinstalled the program myself, I have WinXPHome (haven't installed pro yet, should, have it) PIV 2.8 HT, 1 gig of Ram, Ti 4600 Audigy.

Game works fine with the Ti4600 so I know it's not that. I did have a problem getting the game to install, it took literally forever for the game to get past the installation screen other than that no problems. Drivers are 45.23 I believe, haven't updated the latest ones yet."

Some people get it to work, some have trouble.

Foxbat (FOX)
20.01.2004, 19:15
Thanks, man! I'll try to make it work in nearest few days...

PS: Oh, Falcon 4.0.... And I was hoping to fly the legendary Phantom, the legend of Vietnam War.......:(;)

Freddie
20.01.2004, 20:00
And I was hoping to fly the legendary Phantom, the legend of Vietnam War.......:(;)
Get Strike Fighters: Project 1 then. :)

NeverhoOd
20.01.2004, 20:29
Foxbat (FOX), the legend is MiG15 :D
That kicks Phantom ass sometimes!
I like F105

RB
20.01.2004, 21:21
Originally posted by NeverhoOd
I like F105

I think it's MIG-17 not 15:)

Sweep
21.01.2004, 11:26
Jane's FA/18 works perfectly with XP
but you aboluetely need the 1.01F Patch

And TSH patch for better immersion

Foxbat (FOX)
22.01.2004, 22:36
Originally posted by NeverhoOd
I like F105

Yeah, yeah, I know that. But MiG-17 and MiG-21 ;). F-4 had worse maveuverability and critical G limits than MiGs. But it had medium range weapons, late USN and all USAF versions had guns. It had much better radar and avionics.... But air combat in Nam mostly was dogfighting. And in dogfight MiGs well and truly kicked F-4 asses. But these US guys, flying Phantoms, sometimes managed to win over MiGs....

F-105 sucks. It wasn't a bad plane, but it had bad surviveability (живучесть, короче). And it's other characteristics weren't very high. That's why in (as I remember) 1970 it was completely replaced by F-4.

Foxbat (FOX)
22.01.2004, 22:38
Yeah, yeah, I know that. But it's realy MiG-17 and MiG-21 ;). F-4 had worse maveuverability and critical G limits than MiGs. But it had medium range weapons, late USN and all USAF versions had guns. It had much better radar and avionics.... But air combat in Nam mostly was dogfighting. And in dogfight MiGs well and truly kicked F-4 asses. But these US guys, flying Phantoms, sometimes managed to win over MiGs.... So Phantom is also a legend. As MiG-15 and Sabre are....

F-105 sucks. It wasn't a bad plane, but it had bad surviveability (живучесть, короче). And it's other characteristics weren't very high. That's why in (as I remember) 1970 it was completely replaced by F-4.