PDA

Просмотр полной версии : LOMAC : Question about Missile Effectiveness : Chizh ?

Sweep
20.01.2004, 15:22
Chizh or anyone : Can you explain me how does the "missile effectiveness" cursor (in options) work and what are the parameters that are modified when you move this cursor :

Does it only affects IA missiles ?
Does it affects all the IA (friendly or hostile)
Does it modify burn time, detonation radius, explosion strength, ECCM, etc ?
Does it affects SAM too ?

OT question : Why is it acually (1.01) possible while flying an SU-27 to lock with radar a SU-25 flying at 10 meters above the ground ?
Is it normal ? If not, can it be corrected in 1.02 ?

Thank you

REM : Kataca or Han, thank you to transmit those questions to Chizh?

Sweep

Han
20.01.2004, 15:28
:D
Not "Kataca" - he is "Kasatka" ;)
And last of all - Chizh know english languiche (better then me :) ). He will answer in few days.

wazp
30.01.2004, 16:01
It seems it affect all AI missiles, both yours and others.

Try to set it down to the lowest setting, and you'll be glad if you can hit a C-130... :) Took me about 5 missiles to hit it.

Chizh
30.01.2004, 18:01
Slider of missiles efficiency influences only for volume of a random guiding error of missiles. For example: a normal guiding error approximately (depend of type) – 10 meters, the big error of 20-30 meters, a small error – 5 meters.
It concerns to all missiles.

Basically the modern radar can lock the targets of 10 meters above surface level, if her speed more than 200 km/h. Though on this question any sources do not give the answer.

wazp
31.01.2004, 00:28
Hi Chizh, and thanks for the quick reply.

one question though (originally from the ubi board); is this regardless of countermeasures and manoeuvres?

Chizh
01.02.2004, 13:38
No.
This slider does not influence efficiency of countermeasures and manoeuvres.

wazp
03.02.2004, 19:06
thanks Chizh, your the man! :)