PDA

Просмотр полной версии : SU-25: How to navigate thru waypoints?

Breadfan
20.01.2004, 17:02
Every time I enter cockpit of SU-25 I go :confused:.
Every time I try to navigate thru waypoints I go %) ,

Anyone here can makeme for a change go :cool: when flying this chubby little plane? :D

Breadfan

VSlash
20.01.2004, 18:20
Check the tutorial tracks for Su-25, they explain navigation procedure pretty well (at least in russian version).

Foxbat (FOX)
20.01.2004, 19:36
If you are unsure which waypoint is currently selected, then turn on for example ATA mode (2) or any other. Then switch back to NAV mode (1). You will be in navigation mode with waypoint 1 selected. Then, by pressing "1" second and trird time you'll switch between RETURN and LANDING modes. But, due to absence of normal HUD you have to use the instrument panel to navigate to waypoints and airfield. Here is needed instrument, and to the left is the range counter to you destination. Yeah, and when flying this bird, you have to study your flight plan carefully (speeds, heights, etc)

NeverhoOd
20.01.2004, 20:20
No way!
In LOMAC theres is no radio navigation panel ( РСБН)

so... :D

Breadfan
20.01.2004, 21:19
Originally posted by Foxbat (FOX)
If you are unsure which waypoint is currently selected, then turn on for example ATA mode (2) or any other. Then switch back to NAV mode (1). You will be in navigation mode with waypoint 1 selected. Then, by pressing "1" second and trird time you'll switch between RETURN and LANDING modes. But, due to absence of normal HUD you have to use the instrument panel to navigate to waypoints and airfield. Here is needed instrument, and to the left is the range counter to you destination. Yeah, and when flying this bird, you have to study your flight plan carefully (speeds, heights, etc)

Thx for the info..but from what I could make out from that picture, u have on the upper side a "Tekusci kurs" sign. Does this mean a "current course", and if yes, what is the difference from the "Ukazatelj zadanogo kursa" on the bottom left? (Presuming "Ukazatelj zadanogo kursa" means "An indicator of a given course")

I couldn't understand the rest of the notes as the image is little too small and letters blured.

Thanks once again for helping me out with this one. I never fly SU-25 because of the navigation issues..and it has so many nice bombs and rockets to play with..:D

Breadfan

Freddie
21.01.2004, 13:40
The notes on that image are as follows (clockwise from top):

Текущий курс = Current course of the aircraft.

Директорные планки = Director cues (used for ILS approaches, the indicators with letters "K" (Курс) and "Г" (Глиссада) display the presence of valid localizer and glideslope signals respectively).

Курсовой угол на навигационный ориентир = Bearing of the current navigation point, i.e. if you fly your aircraft following this needle, you'll get to that navpoint by the shortest possible path (if no wind is present).

Указатель заданного курса = Selected course needle. This shows you the desired course to the current waypoint that you have set in your flightplan.

If the navpoint bearing needle is aligned with the selected course needle, then you're on the desired course to the waypoint. Without wind, when both needles are aligned with the aircraft's course mark, then you're flying towards waypoint using the desired course. These needles will not be aligned with the aircraft's current course mark if you're flying in a crosswind. The angular difference between the aircraft's course and the aligned needles will show your crab angle or "угол упреждения" (lead angle).

A simple way to survive navigation in Su-25 is to write down a flightplan and then use the trick described by Foxbat to reset your current waypoint to no.1 if in doubt.

Hope this helps. :)

Breadfan
21.01.2004, 17:12
Originally posted by Freddie
The notes on that image are as follows (clockwise from top):

Текущий курс = Current course of the aircraft.

Директорные планки = Director cues (used for ILS approaches, the indicators with letters "K" (Курс) and "Г" (Глиссада) display the presence of valid localizer and glideslope signals respectively).

Курсовой угол на навигационный ориентир = Bearing of the current navigation point, i.e. if you fly your aircraft following this needle, you'll get to that navpoint by the shortest possible path (if no wind is present).

Указатель заданного курса = Selected course needle. This shows you the desired course to the current waypoint that you have set in your flightplan.

If the navpoint bearing needle is aligned with the selected course needle, then you're on the desired course to the waypoint. Without wind, when both needles are aligned with the aircraft's course mark, then you're flying towards waypoint using the desired course. These needles will not be aligned with the aircraft's current course mark if you're flying in a crosswind. The angular difference between the aircraft's course and the aligned needles will show your crab angle or "угол упреждения" (lead angle).

A simple way to survive navigation in Su-25 is to write down a flightplan and then use the trick described by Foxbat to reset your current waypoint to no.1 if in doubt.

Hope this helps. :)

It sure does! Thanks!

Breadfan

Foxbat (FOX)
22.01.2004, 22:44
Oh, I'm late a bit. Had problems with connection to Internet.:(

Breadfan, is everything clear now? :)

Breadfan
23.01.2004, 04:02
Originally posted by Foxbat (FOX)
Oh, I'm late a bit. Had problems with connection to Internet.:(

Breadfan, is everything clear now? :)