PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Заплатка для 2.5!!!!!

EvilGunRAF
06.04.2001, 14:28
Вот, на буржуйском форуме Stormin написал:
The honeymoon is over. Now that the version 2.5 upgrade is out and everyone has had a chance to play it, we now see that our beloved Flanker has some warts and, at times, bad breath. I’ve been in this position before with several simulation products. It is a great paradox trying to please everyone. I have to say that in my experience I have never seen it done with combat simulations. There is always going to be someone that is not going to get it running or can’t use a particular feature, etc. Unfortunately, when you are one of the few that can’t get it to run properly, you tend to be a bit more outspoken than everyone else. That’s what happens here in Flankerland. We feel your pain and want to help. The community feels it and they want to help.
First and foremost I want everyone to know something that Matt, Nick, Valery, and the rest of the Flanker Team realize: Not all of you are unhappy. There are more of you that are enjoying the V2.5 upgrade and experiencing few problems than there are people having major problems.
For those of you experiencing problems, we understand your frustration. We did not release this product knowing that it would not run on some configurations. Sure, we had some random crash bugs that we just never eliminated because we were unable to reproduce them. We released the product when we had reached the point where we felt the majority of the serious bugs had been eliminated. Will Flanker ever be bug free? Never. I have never seen a bug free software product. We are doing our best to get you the most reliable and stable versions we can.
So why are there problems in V2.5? There are several reasons:
1. There are many configurations that users have on their systems; both software and hardware related that we just could not test. This is a problem that will never go away and is going to always be with us. Unfortunately, the main way we find out about some of the compatibility issues is from you the users. We don’t plan on using all of you as testers, but the reality is that this happens. As you all can see by reading the message on the forum, some people are experiencing problems and others are not having problems.
2. We had limited resources to test this upgrade. As I write this I have changed this paragraph from going into exact detail about what we are going through with all the lay offs and changes in ownership, but frankly, what good does it do sharing with all of you all the turmoil we’ve been through? Trust me, we’ve been through a lot of strife this past year. Is this offered as an excuse? No, just a fact. We had a difficult decision to make with V2.5. Do we finish it with what we have in resources and time or do we just cancel it. We decided to proceed.
3. A judgment call on my part. With the uncertainty of the various acquisitions taking place in the past six months, I did everything I could to get this upgrade out to you. I convinced marketing and sales to let us give the upgrade away for free. Once that was approved it was another matter to actually get the thing finished and still maintain forward momentum towards Lock On. It was difficult for all of us. The folks at Eagle Dynamics worked very hard under difficult and uncertain times. Their publisher was being sold every few months, how could they not be concerned?
So now what? Nick, Matt, and I have reviewed the list of problems and have decided to spend a couple weeks working on a small patch to address the following:
a. The gun pipper inaccuracy
b. The padlock display problem where the speed and altitude of the target are missing from the HUD.
c. The inability to use aerial refueling in multiplayer sessions
d. The inability to record track files in multiplayer sessions.
e. The problems with USB joysticks and throttles.
f. Flicker problems with some Geforce cards.
Unless another major problem is common to all users, that is the final list. We have to stop somewhere. We cannot continue to work on Flanker without jeopardizing Lock On.
Here’s how we are going to handle this situation: I will be coordinating the V2.51 patch. Matt is too busy with Lock On to devote any more time on Flanker. I’m rather busy myself, but there is no one else so you guys are stuck with me. Some of you are very pleased, I’m sure. I’m all you got at this point.
I have no internal testing resources available for this patch so I am going to have to ask you guys to help us out. When we have a Beta version of the V2.51 patch we will upload it to this site. I will create separate thread for you to report your verifications that the five problems are either fixed or not fixed. It is important to remember that we are not looking for other bugs to fix. We are going to address the six things listed above only. If you do not want to participate in this open Beta, that's your choice.
The Team in Moscow is working on this matter right now. I have no idea how long this will take, but I suspect they want to get this taken care of very soon. I will do my best to post updates regularly to this forum.
We apologize that some of you are having problems and that the problems that have been found were in the V2.5 release. We did our best and came up short. We’re going to do our best to set things right as best we can with what we have available. We ask you to be patient and help us out by giving the Beta a spin when we upload it.
There have been some very helpful threads where everyone is doing their best to help out others. We appreciate those of you that are being good members of the community and encourage everyone to help out your fellow pilot.
Carl
Надеюсь головной боли у нас заметно поубавится. :) :) :) :) :) Правда возникает сомнение что это будет работать на версии от 1С... :)

Valery
06.04.2001, 19:21
Будет патч и для 1С. Кто хочет его потестировать и высказать наболевшее лично, свистните мылом.
------------------
Валерий Блажнов
Eagle Dynamics

Alex iz Ulan-Ude
07.04.2001, 11:31
Валера,очень хочу свистнуть мылом но не знаю куда . Подскажи свой адресок а то что-то не могу найти. Алексей.

Alex iz Ulan-Ude
07.04.2001, 11:39
Валера,отменяю предыдущее сообщение-это мои глюки после вчерашней попойки-еле пялюсь в монитор...Шлю мылом.

Gering
07.04.2001, 18:39
а какие глюки с "некоторыми карточками GeForce"? А то у меня иногда самолет становится глючным - как на рентгене видны сразу все детали... И при этом тормозит дико.
А иногда все нормально :)
------------------
Юрий
http://www.aviaport.ru
[This message has been edited by Gering (edited 07-04-2001).]

Кречет
08.04.2001, 01:59
Gering!
у меня такой же "рентген" был..я так измучался!
расскажи про своё железо!
а лучше - сразу ставь старые дрова (детонатор 2,хх) и прописывай свой Форс как ТНТ2 Ультра - помогает! Проверено!
Удачи!
Эд

Andy-Andrei
08.04.2001, 12:20
quote:

Originally posted by Valery:
Будет патч и для 1С. Кто хочет его потестировать и высказать наболевшее лично, свистните мылом.

А где он будет выложен?
Вот вопрос: на диске присутствует DirectX-8, насколько он необходим для Фланкера? Я поставил на 7-ой, все работает отлично, если не считать багов с пипером и фуннелом. Скорость вполне приличная, стрелки четкие и толстые :) Чего народ тут глюками пугался - непонятно.

Gering
08.04.2001, 15:58
2Кречет:
PIII-700 на Gigabyte GA-6OXC, video SUMA Platinum GeForce2MX PowerUp 32Mb, sound Aureal Vortex2 AU8830, HDD Quantum FB AS+ 20Gb. все дрова - родные из поставки с комплектующими. У тебя что-то похожее?
Кстати, вчера заметил, что звук щитка иногда пропадает... И голос в трек не пишется...
------------------
Юрий
http://www.aviaport.ru
[This message has been edited by Gering (edited 08-04-2001).]