PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Autopilot Problems

<TZSER>
25.03.2002, 03:25
2 problems:
1) When using either of the autopilot functions the plane rocks up and down. I can see the elevators rocking up and down from the outside. It goes away when I shut off either the a/p stabilization or a/p alignment modes.
2) The autopilot alignment mode is supposed to return the aircraft to zero pitch and bank angles. When I activate it the plane pitches downward and never maintains level flight. Is anyone else experiencing this? I would appreciate some HELP regarding this issue as it seems I never get a truly "helpful" response from Support other than "we tried it and it works fine."

<Tzser>
25.03.2002, 06:41
Forgot to mention this happens mostly at higher altitudes...although it does do it for a a couple of seconds at low alt's.

<doo>
25.03.2002, 11:09
Autopilot on Mig is a "secondary flight help" and needed only some mode - i.e. attitude stab after takeoff or horizont levelling on a hard meteo. Its a not a boeing, its a fighter :-) You must press "Priv" after "lost orientation" on hard meteo and after restote orientation disable autopilot. Manual flight is a fun :-)

<Tzser>
25.03.2002, 20:20
Doo, I didn't quit understand the last part of your statement regarding the meteo thing and "priv" etc. But I do agree with you that this is a fighter not a boeing and I personally like flying manually. The only problem is that I can never get the bird trimmed for level flight. I have to constantly adjust the trim. I know in real life this is normal but it should stay perfectly trimmed at least for several minutes before adjustment is needed. I can't even take a break to admire her from the outside view without losing or gaining 500 ft in the process.

<tim>
26.03.2002, 03:07
ya i had that problem couln't get the pitch to trim right,
if you go into the air file set the horizontal stabilizer lift in flight dynamics from 1072 to 2072
that fixed it. & it makes the elivators level & not piched up

you will need the aired.zip from flightsim.com
i think its in utility's
oh & you will need to do this to all the airfiles
in the mig folders each mig set has its own file.
hope this helps

Support
26.03.2002, 19:57
The thing is, the only way to realize the STABILIZATION and ALIGNMET modes of the MiG-21 AP is to involve a lot of trimming. The Modes are modeled pretty well and if you need the mig stabilised for level flight just use the AP, it works very realistic.

It's still possible to trim the mig manually, BUT make sure your airspeed is constant, otherwise of course, it's impossible to get the balance.

<Smith>
07.04.2002, 03:01
I've just been trying to use the autopilot with patch 2 installed. At 35000, perfectly level and trim, constant speed ... I try the stabilization mode and the plane starts violently bobbing its pitch up and down. Alignment mode starts the plane on a decent. Trimming doesn't help at all.

Could you explain how to use the autopilot please?

<Smith>
16.04.2002, 12:14
Anyone?

Support
17.04.2002, 12:39
quote:

I've just been trying to use the autopilot with patch 2 installed. At 35000, perfectly level and trim, constant speed ... I try the stabilization mode and the plane starts violently bobbing its pitch up and down. Alignment mode starts the plane on a decent. Trimming doesn't help at al

What was you airspeed and M?

quote:

Could you explain how to use the autopilot please?

General recomendations:
Use ALIGHNMENT mode for unusual attitude recovery only. Do not use it for level flights.

Use STABILIZATION mode for the aircraft stabilization at any reasonable pitch and bank angle of for level flight.
If you experience any stability problems set the mode OFF then ON again.
Long level flights with STABILIZATION mode ON are not recommended.