PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Unable to pay with PayPal

<John de Giorgio>
04.03.2002, 13:50
I have been trying for 2 weeks now to settle my payment of $19.95 for the basic MiG21 package which Captain Sim very kindly let me download.

I keep being told by PayPal that a 4 digit code will appear on my VISA statement, and only when I have this code will my payment be processed.

I received my VISA statement 3 days ago but there was no charge from PayPal and no code.

I hope Captain Sim do not think I am trying to avoid payment.

I have used my credit card on the Net on countless occassions, with no problem. What's so special about PayPal?

Is there any other way I can pay, without going through PayPal please?

John.

<Legend>
04.03.2002, 14:52
When I signed up for Paypal, I had to give my name, address etc. Paypal informed me that they would debit my credit card for 1.95$ as a way of checking the validity of my card or so...
When I received my statement (MasterCard), this 1.95$ showed up with as a Paypal payment with a 4-digit number next to it. This was the number I next used in my Paypal account, and the 1.95 was subsequently put back on my 'credit' with Paypal.
Meanwhile I could already pay via Paypal, so I don't know why this doesn't work for you. But, unlike direct payments by CC, you must provide more personal data when using Paypal.

The good thing about Paypal (at least, good for the suppliers like, in this case, Captain Sim) is that they don't have to create their own (expensive) secure website. All the overhead regarding payments is taken care of via Paypal.

<John de Giorgio>
04.03.2002, 14:59
Thanks, I'll just have to wait for my next VISA statement.

Are you in the US?

The problem seems to be with non-us customers.

John.

<Legend>
04.03.2002, 16:36
No, I'm from the Netherlands... quite non-US.
But, IIRC, this 4-digit code is only to check the validity of your address details with your credit card - but you should be able to pay with it... don't know why that doesn't work for you.

Gert

<RSColonel_131st>
04.03.2002, 17:54
For people outside the US that whole stuff is not required. I just filled in my info into the Form, got a reciept from paypal confirming my payment was sent to Captain Sim, and two hours later the Download info arrived.

<John de Giorgio>
04.03.2002, 18:42
"For people outside the US that whole stuff is not required. I just filled in my info into the Form, got a reciept from paypal confirming my payment was sent to Captain Sim, and two hours later the Download info arrived."

So you guys keep telling me. It must be Switzerland :)

Tried again, still requires that 4 digit code!

Барс
05.03.2002, 02:27
Guys,
There is no need to give them any account numbers rather then some CC number or in their (PayPal) terms to become "verified". It is enough to have only one credit card on your PayPal account in order to be able to pay through them.
Best regards
Helmsman