PDA

Просмотр полной версии : MSN Community for "Silver Balaylaikas" Aero Team

<MJO>
04.03.2002, 03:06
I have just opened and MSN Community for us members of the Silver Balaylaikas Aero Team for the time being and encourage everyone to join, I have not quite set it up well, but I am in search of someone that can manage it and do web page set-ups, for I am limited to this course of action.

Any suggestions is welcome, for this is also your community too.

http://communities.msn.com/CaptainSimsMiG21UMSilverBalaylaikasAeroTeam/homepage

<austin>
04.03.2002, 05:07
got a suggestion ...that you change the name to Silver Balalayki (plural for balalayka)!!

I copied and pasted this right from support so it should be ok.

pronounced BA LA LIKE E ...or so I think

<austin>
04.03.2002, 05:08
In case thats ambiguous ...you spelt it wrong mjo

<RSColonel_131st>
04.03.2002, 15:31
Gawd...sorry to say, but I hate that MS Passport crap.

I'll see to get a webspace set up here with captain sim, so we can have a REAL message board :)

<MJO>
04.03.2002, 16:11
Darn,

Thanks for the correction, I missed that! Guess since only 2 members joined so far, I will just remake it and rename it "correctly"....thanks Austin.

Colonel, I agree you do not like MSN Community, but as I said, this is a "temporary" location (can be permanent, fine by me) for us to gather, post images, or whatever.

As far as I know, that Captain offered a web space for us guys, if you have the time to construct it, great....but the MSN is pretty much straightforward and we can build from time to time until the "Official" site is made....then we'll just move everything from the current site to this one....no big deal.

Let me know.

Forca Aerea Brasileira
04.03.2002, 20:31
Hi MJO, I have another suggestion.

I sure that BALALAIKAS is right english plural for russian word BALALAIKA!

Also plural for the SPUTNIK would be correct to write down as SPUTNIKS, not as SPUTNIKI, BABUSHKA - BABUSHKAS (not to BABUSHKI, MATRYOSHKA - MATRYOSHKAS) like in the true russian pronounciation.
Or so-called PERESTROIKA shouldn't have multiply factor in PERESTROIKI, only PERESTROIKAS (just philological kidding a bit :) ).

But if you think to change to "SILVER BALALAIKI", you might to replace SILVER to SEREBRYANYE, this russian Adjective (we have to do it in plural, yes! :) ) come from "SILVER" (the Noun) (SEREBRO).

So now we can various (nope, just two) correct denominations:
first SEREBRYANYE BALALAIKI, and second SILVER BALALAIKAS.

Best regards!

[ 04-03-2002, 20:34: Сообщение отредактировано: F.A.B. ]

<MJO>
05.03.2002, 15:14
Gawd, darn, not again! Wrong spelling, well, I have no formal Russian literature, but it seems that Captain gave RS_COLONEL the opportunity to start a Team web site in the official way, perhaps he'll make the absolute perfect correction to the name.....
"Silver Balalaykas" as it should be in English structure.....
Thanks for the input though. I'll see what I can do with the correction of the name on the alternate community....if indeed it can be changed without having to "delete" again.

<RSColonel_131st>
05.03.2002, 19:07
What exactly do we need from the MSN community?

With the webspace provided we now have an option to store pics, set up a message board, and start designing a site.