PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Microsoft's News on CFS3

<MJO>
01.03.2002, 15:09
Guys, Just heard about the new release of Combat Flight Simulator "3" from Microsoft this fall.
Apparently it is based on the FS2002 flight engine, so all the better for realism.
Seems Captain is going to be busy again...as time progresses, to make everything for CFS3.
Looking forward to it to come out.
Certainly wondering how our jets now from Captain are going to be usable in the new sim??

bono
01.03.2002, 15:14
It will be the same shit as CFS2..
It still will be far away from IL2, I believe..

<MJO>
01.03.2002, 17:01
I believe it is being more "enhanced" closely to the IL-2, so I heard, that they are going to incorporate similarities as the IL-2....without the shitty "stutter" issue that has and I believe, will never get resolved in IL-2. I have ditched the IL-2, not worth my time to fix someone elses issue, and of course, someone who has no regard for the circumstances that arise and make the fixes. If Captain was like this, I'd be long gone, but praise him, there are concerned people out there, like him, whom answer everyones questions and corrects the issues.

<RSColonel_131st>
01.03.2002, 20:05
MJO, Oleg is one of the most communicative developers out there. It's just not fair to say that he doesn't listen. The last patch solved the stutter for some, but might have made it worser for ohthers...but belive me, they try to fix it.

BoB had terrible stutter as well...I think it's some new kind of hardware conflict, often seen togehter with USB Joysticks or SB Live Soundcards.

IL-2 has recived two patches already, CFS2 has been ignored. I'm not sure if I should get CFS3 at all...although FS2002 proves that M$ can make a mighty good flight sim.

Support
01.03.2002, 22:33
Of course the CFS 3 will be better than CFS 2, but again - no radar, no guided weapon...

<McFly>
02.03.2002, 17:17
Captain,
I'd like to see you guys throw in with, or associate yourself with Project 1 as well as the FS2002 game engine. Those guys seem to have the same level of quality and detail as your effort. I know we are all waiting for that to bloom. It could be the best combat flight sim ever. A collaboration with your team seems a natural.

The Microsoft series has some wonderful attributes but there has never been the quality of aircraft that you have produced. By far the finest in the publics hands to date. The standard has been set by which all other will now be judged.

McFly

Саней
06.03.2002, 15:13
quote:

Originally posted by KACATKA:

I think so too... :)

[ 06-03-2002, 15:16: Сообщение отредактировано: Saney ]

bono
06.03.2002, 16:23
Hopefully we will get LOMAC this fall (with guided weapon etc) and new ideas for IL-2 (I am sure that Oleg will beat shuttering, they are working on it) We will get new planes including bombers as well.

CFS3 again will use terrible separate 2d and 3D cockpits.. It's yesterday!

So, I am not sure that MS will attract me to fly their new CFS although in new appearance. The idea of CFS is dead itself.
IMHO only

KiLLiR
06.03.2002, 21:41
quote:

Originally posted by KACATKA:

CFS2 is shit only when you're flying NOT TLK-39ZA or MiG,you know :)

[ 06-03-2002, 21:42: Сообщение отредактировано: KiLLiR ]

<sigkadetmii>
07.03.2002, 13:17
sorry...but it has to be said mate IL 2 sucks the physics in it suck you cant even go past like 12,000 feet ,it only looks good ,but if thats all you care about well thats ok then.
sorry but thats just what i think

<RSColonel_131st>
07.03.2002, 14:14
This might go a little off topic, but why do you feel that IL-2 sucks?

Aircombat above 10.000 meters was not normal on the russian front, so why should physics work over there?

The flight model is a lot better than that of the FS2002 stock planes, and HEAPS better than any CFS2 stock airplane. It is based on real time calculations, not tables, and was created by aeronoutic engineers, not just programmers.

Ballistics and gunnery are unmatched in quality.

The Mig and Albatros are excellent planes and a joy to fly...but stock CFS3 might not have that high quality.

bono
07.03.2002, 18:34
quote:

Originally posted by &lt;RSColonel_131st&gt;:
This might go a little off topic, but why do you feel that IL-2 sucks?

Aircombat above 10.000 meters was not normal on the russian front, so why should physics work over there?

The flight model is a lot better than that of the FS2002 stock planes, and HEAPS better than any CFS2 stock airplane. It is based on real time calculations, not tables, and was created by aeronoutic engineers, not just programmers.

Ballistics and gunnery are unmatched in quality.

The Mig and Albatros are excellent planes and a joy to fly...but stock CFS3 might not have that high quality.

Absolutely agree with you.

Mig and L-39 are very good. But they are the add-ons not default planes.

Look at default planes in MSFS2002 of CFS2 - all of them are far far away from real flight model. All the best planes in these two sims are aftermarket products and cannot be compared with default ones.

But look at IL-2 planes. Most of them are as real as it can be in flight sims. Yes, there are bugs and develovers and Oleg are opened to correct them. Did you see it with MS$? I don't think so.

They said CFS3 is based on improved MSFS2002 engine. But MSFS2002 engine is based on CFS2 engine.. So, I believe they won't go far away of it.

Look at these two screenshots.

beauty
http://www.lo-mac.com/screens.php?id=336
and moster
http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/022602/cfs3/cfs_screen001.jpg

Do you see the difference?? MS$ is out of progress =),
but unfortunately on top of market..=(
I would better support LOMAC and IL2 rather than MS$ and their regular shit.. and new Bill Gate's car..=)))

ZLODEY
07.03.2002, 19:40
Shortly speaking, by now I don't see even what to comparise with IL-2: Sturmovik!!! :) CFS3? :) NO!!!!! Maybe MS will have something in their next product :) , but this one looking TERRIBLE!!! :)

<sigkadetmii>
08.03.2002, 14:02
I dont know much,i only played the demo maybe i didnt give the game enouth time or got the wrong impression.

<sigkadetmii>
08.03.2002, 14:12
Also,you know just because somethings harder to use does not makes it more realistic!.
I might re-download this IL-2 and give it anouther shot!

<RSColonel_131st>
08.03.2002, 15:30
Since release there has been a new demo out, which runs from updated game code. The original demo was based on early beta code.

Try to give it a little more time before telling us that it sucks...speaking for myself I have a full squad running IL-2. I would know if it sucks that much, belive me... :)

<MJO>
08.03.2002, 16:50
No more Demo's for me, never had a demo and will not install demo's, If they cannot even make a small correction for the first store release...what would get me excited about buying another, I am not encouraged.

In business first time counts as to sales, if they cannot resolve something the first time, why would anyone want to spend another $40.00 or so called amount of dollars on another...certainly not me.

As far as CFS3 goes, I have heard that they are making it match up to IL-2, with the FS2002 engine, cannot beat that....and obviously, I AM looking forward t it, never had an issue with Microsoft's products, if there ever was an issue, it darn well gets rectified immediately, just like Captains issues....Ubi, simply has no regard to the slightest help....how many times do you ever see them post or are online....barely if none at all (well not none).

bono
08.03.2002, 16:59
quote:

Originally posted by &lt;sigkadetmii&gt;:
Also,you know just because somethings harder to use does not makes it more realistic!.
I might re-download this IL-2 and give it anouther shot!

Ha-ha-ha! =))) CFS2 harder than IL2? =))
CFS2 is arcade in comparison with IL2 =))
I would say CFSs is heavier.. IL2 is only one CD..=))

MSFS series, yes... may be.. because of all this radio/navigation and procedure stuff.. Nothing more...
I didn't find hard to fly on MiG-21 either.. All you need is just to hit few switches on screen.. and remember some info from the manual for the safe landing..

Have another look at IL2 but release one.. You will like it.. beleive me..
I fly MSFS2002 and IL2 and enjoy them
MSFS is more instrumental sim, IL2 requires more tactic and pilotage approach.. And both sims are hard.. in each's own sense

But CFS2..3..5.. step in the past..
I realy regret about it.. MS$ has a lot of money to create something outstanding.. but unfortunately has no global creativity for it..

=))) Someone on this foruma said.. that may be in future MS$ would buy Maddox game..=))
Then we would have the best sim ever..=))

bono
08.03.2002, 17:08
quote:

Originally posted by &lt;MJO&gt;:
Ubi, simply has no regard to the slightest help....how many times do you ever see them post or are online....barely if none at all (well not none).

hey man, =) you are absolutely wrong..=)
Ubi is just publisher..
Oleg Maddox is developer..
and he spents a lot of time, believe me, answering questons and reading forums and feedback from users. He has a very good team and always opened to help.. They listen and answer.. they change and improve the game..
Check simhq forum for Oleg Maddox.. even here in IL2 section you can see him everyday asking and collecting questions, that he is not obliged to do..
It shows he really wants to make things better.

MS$ issued CFS got 39.99 pounds per box and forgot about it..