PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Mig 21 Aero Team

<Aero team schemes>
01.03.2002, 02:06
Hi everyone,
Here's some schemes I dreamed up, simple, average and complex. The individual aircraft color, red in this case, can be found on the ventral fin, nose ring and dive brakes and rudder, and the shock cone, respectivley. Of course each airplane on the team will have it's own color identifier. These are just some ideas, I can change anything. Please give me your input and suggestions, I'll keep painting till we get what the majority want. Also, I'd like to thank Capatain for sending me the scale drawings, they're a great help.
You guys are the BEST!
Regards,
Jon

[ 01-03-2002, 06:57: Сообщение отредактировано: Pogensky ]

Support
01.03.2002, 03:01
The proposals by Jon Van Skiver:

http://www.captainsim.com/mig21/users/4.jpg

http://www.captainsim.com/mig21/users/5.jpg

http://www.captainsim.com/mig21/users/6.jpg

<austin>
01.03.2002, 03:18
I am now hanging my head in shame..I was a doubter but am hooked on the light blue one..excellent work jon/support

<RSColonel_131st>
01.03.2002, 03:26
First one looks excellent!

whats the underground, bare metal with chrom effect?

It would look good on white, but I just LOVE that chrome.

<Skimmer>
01.03.2002, 03:48
Hi:

I'm going to go with the popular one, the first one looks great. One suggestion, maybe change the underside view like some real aerobatic teams do to distingish the upper from the lower in different maneuvers.

I like chrome effects (although I can't see them on my 3D card) but it would still be nice to see what it looks like with them beforehand.

MAC
skimmer@jet.es

<boeing247>
01.03.2002, 06:20
Hi everyone
The base can be either white or aluminum. The drawings are black on white so shows white. I'll change it to silver, hope it shows up OK. What about the color, light blue or something different? I'll change the underside. Please, if you have suggestions or comments, let me know. Let's get creative!
Also, I'll be on line for a couple of hours on Sat at 11 AM EST, 1600Z. We'll meet at Mildenhall,UK since not everyone has Konotop.I'll post the IP and the RW IP Sat morning on this thread. Please join if you can.
Any questions or comments e-mail me at ac47d@optonline.net.
Off to practice my 4 point rolls and knife edges.
Jon

<MJO>
01.03.2002, 15:03
First one is good, leaves a lot of chrome and a tinge of the blue, makes a nice scheme....my vote!

<RSColonel_131st>
01.03.2002, 16:10
Light colors please, blue, red, orange, green...only one color per plane, though.

If I understood you right you would give each pilot his own color, neat idea.

Have you by chance ever seen the Japanese Blue Impulse Team?

The first one almost looks like their paintsheme, although I'm sure you didn't copy it...just interesting that two people came up with a similar design for similar purposes.

White or chrome...hard question. If you could come up with a white very glossy color it might even look better than pure chrome, and it would keep the reflexes and reflections. Kinda like "white chrome" not just standard white. Have to admit though, I dont know much about skining in FS2002 and the chrome effect.

What about national markings?

I showed you the picture of my old Janes Aerobatic Skin, where ALL national markings of all nations involved did show up on the tail fin.
On the other hand, if everyone gets his own paintsheme, we could all have our own NIS.

Looking forward to your work...

<Jeff>
01.03.2002, 16:29
I think the first one is great also. If indeed some of the aircraft will be painted white, I think a strip of chrome bordering the blue would look nice. So the main scheme would be blue/white with chrome strips separating the painted areas. That way the crowd will not have to go blind looking at too much chrome during the show, but they will still see a glimmer of sunshine off the plane as it does its maneuvers. :)

<boeing247>
01.03.2002, 18:23
Hi everyone,
I've been talking to several computer guys here at work and there's a problem with "chrome". According to them you need a real high end computer/graphics card to render the effect. Just a thought because I'm not sure what type of computers everyone has. Also, real teams don't use natural metal because of the amount of man-hours needed to keep the finish up to show standards. The man hours are better spent on maintenance, etc. However, that's not an issue here. Also, we need at least a name, and maybe an emblem. Also, we could have small flags, similar to the THUNDERBIRDS to represent each pilots country on all the planes. On one of my sketches I put a blue pin stripe to seperate the colors, look really good. I'll try to do chrome also. Once we get close, I'll do a sample plane to see how it looks in 3D, then change as needed. I'll post some more drawings tonight, now that I know what to concentrate on.
Jon

<austin>
01.03.2002, 19:32
an idea we had before for a team name was to take the aircrafts russian nickname with whatever colour before it. I quote from support:

"Silver Balalayki" (plural for balalayka) sounds fun both in Russian and English. (could also be multicouloured balalayki or whatever.

BTW they sometime call the MiG-21 "balalayka" due to the triangle wing shape.

Oh yeah... a balalayka (singular) is a triangular shaped musical instrument from eastern europe.

second point ..we could test a bit of chrome in multiplayer and see how it goes..if it leads to poor frame rates then ditch it. My own opinion is whatever chrome is used ...not to overdo it because the flying is more important

<RSColonel_131st>
01.03.2002, 20:02
Sorry, some bit of missunderstanding here.

By Chromse, I mean the look of BARE METAL.

Look at the Spinners of the Default Baron, and at the Belly of an 737...Pure Chrome.

Microsoft uses a simple trick to make surfaces reflect their surroundings...to a lesser degree it is used on the Standard Clean Mig-21 paintings. That's why the metal looks so shiny.

Now, we dont want to see full chrome planes, but either bare metal or white with high gloss. That means surfaces which reflect to a certain degree.

How it is done in FS2002...I have no clue. Earlier versions just had "color" textures, now it seems like there is color and gloss for each texture to paint.

<Skimmer>
01.03.2002, 23:58
Hi:

Well I am one of those 'low-end' users... I have the texture patch for the MiG so that I can see it on my less capable system. I have a Celeron 466 Mhz with 256 Mb. and Voodoo 3 3000 PCI (16 Mb). So I don't see the reflections. But the 'bare metal/chrome' still looks cool if it's well done.

The country insignia are a good idea too, each one can have his on one side of the aircraft and we can maybe do a 'combined insignia' (like the Eurofighter prototypes) with all the countries on the other... just an idea.

Hoping to have a chance to connect tomorrow but will see if the router at home is a source for my problems last time. Will have RogerWilco running and should be able to connect if you have a session.

Regards,

MAC
skimmer@jet.es

<boeing247>
02.03.2002, 01:28
Hi,
Here's the next batch. I toned down the A/C markings (red, yellow, green),you can compare the red to the original. Remember you can mix and match ie, the fin from one, top wing of another, stab from a 3rd, etc. You probably won't see it but I put green on the anti-flutter weights, just trying to find a good location where the individual colors can be seen. Of course we could revert back and use numbers.
ALL comments welcome.
Jon

Support
02.03.2002, 01:44
http://www.captainsim.com/mig21/users/7.jpg

http://www.captainsim.com/mig21/users/8.jpg

http://www.captainsim.com/mig21/users/9.jpg

<RSColonel_131st>
02.03.2002, 02:21
Second one is good...nice distinction between Top and bottom, although both sides look good. None of those 3 are really bad, although 3 looks a little simpler than the rest.

<MJO>
02.03.2002, 14:53
I still think number 1 is good. Keep it simple. But with number 1, I would sugguest a mirror image like the top 1st view to the second view fusleage...rather than having it "blank".

We need some more votes, and make it final.

Number 1 is my vote (with the modification to the opposite fusleage to match the other)

<boeing247>
02.03.2002, 17:15
Hi,
There seems to be some confusion regarding the drawings. The color shemes shown are concepts, not a finished scheme, that's why one side is different than the other;I wanted to cut down on the number of drawings I would have to post. Here's what has to be decided, with the drawing number in parentheses:

Top wing: stripe centered (2) or offset towards the tip (1)

Bottom wing: 1,2 or 3

Stab:1,2 or 3

Fuse stripe: thin (1), medium (top 2), or thick
(bottom 2)

Fin: single (1),cheveron (top 2), double (bottom 2), or solid (3)

A/C Marking: Ventral fin (1),ventral fin and/or intake lip (2), or dive brake (3).

Once we get a consnsus, I'll make up a final drawing.
Regards,
Jon

<Skimmer>
02.03.2002, 17:35
Hi:

Here's my choice:

Top Wing: Stripe offset towards tip (1)

Bottom Wing: (2)

Fuse Strip: Medium (Top 2)

Fin: Cheveron (Top 2)

A/C Marking: Ventral fin AND intake lip.

AS of that hope to 'see' you today (Sat Mar 2nd) on-line somehow.

Regards,
MAC
skimmer@wanadoo.es (&lt;-NEW E-MAIL)

JD
03.03.2002, 01:27
I prefer the last set .. the middle one.

Now we need some "colored" smoke. :) White, blue, green or whatever. :)

<boeing247>
03.03.2002, 05:46
Hi,
Got the colored smoke config file set up. Now we can have individual colored smoke, or the same color for all.
Jon

<boeing247>
03.03.2002, 22:21
Hi everyone,
LAST CHANCE to make comments/suggestions on the scheme for the aero team. I'm going to make the final layout tomorrow based on the suggestions posted. If anyone has any final thoughts or suggestions, please post them, or e-mail me, before 1700Z tommorow.
Thanks,
Jon

<MJO>
04.03.2002, 12:26
My opinion, first drawing, 2nd jet with the blue on the wings, shown in the top and bottom views, then for the fuselage, same "thin line" blue, the rudder, use the 2nd drawing below the first with the "double blue"....looks good and attractive.
For the intake....I would not have any colour, leave it blank (silver)...and assuming the whole plane stays silver.

How about some sort of insignia near the front of the intake between the blue line that extends to the fore of the jet....believe a team insignia would be good.