PDA

Просмотр полной версии : L-39 cockpit + MiG HUD question

Booga
28.02.2002, 19:50
I'm having a great time with the L-39 and MiG. This is really superb work, especially on the avionics and detailed procedures.

I have two questions though. Firstly, I have the impression, especially with the L-39, that the cockpit is facing downward, or the pilot point-of-view is set too high. Is this intentional and is there a way to adjust this?

Second point : the HUD in the MiG. I always thought it had only a simple gunsight much like the one in the L-39. The display in the sim is reminiscent of more modern multimode HUDs like the ILS-31 found on 80s Russian aircraft, so this is a bit surprising to find it in a 1960s fighter. Is this real or was it only implemented for playability?

Booga

Support
28.02.2002, 21:35
quote:

Firstly, I have the impression, especially with the L-39, that the cockpit is facing downward, or the pilot point-of-view is set too high. Is this intentional and is there a way to adjust this?

Please visit L-39 F.A.Q. page.

quote:

Second point : the HUD in the MiG. I always thought it had only a simple gunsight much like the one in the L-39. The display in the sim is reminiscent of more modern multimode HUDs like the ILS-31 found on 80s Russian aircraft, so this is a bit surprising to find it in a 1960s fighter. Is this real or was it only implemented for playability?

That's right. But if you want 100% MiG-21UM HUD - do not switch "HUD" on. You will get authentic ASP-PDF gunsight display with 2 modes "FIXED" and "GYRO".

<RSColonel_131st>
28.02.2002, 22:35
Try as I might I didn't get the Gunsights mode to show up. I know how to activate each of the three hud modes, but gunsight only doesn't show....

Must be an user error.

Support
28.02.2002, 23:20
Do not touch HUD switch.
GUNSIGHT -- ON
then use FIXED-GYRO mode selector.

<RSColonel_131st>
01.03.2002, 03:28
Thank you for the fast and clear answer, once again excellent support.