PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Virtual Squadron's

<MJO>
25.02.2002, 01:38
Members, let us thank the Captain Sim Team for giving us the go ahead for a virtual squadron to be created and with the support of the Captain Sim Team 100% behind this idea. For we are advertising their creations, and can form a strong reputation for the Teams exquisite and remarkable creations at Captain Sim.

However, we need some professional web creators out there ( I am limited to that line of work)
and we need serious members to partake in every effort to bring this squadron together as a whole.
Also perhaps to think of a name....maybe Captain can issue that...Russian is fine by me.

Any one have any suggestions? I am in, anyone else?

Let's petition!

MJOCompISTech@cox-internet.com

<RSColonel_131st>
25.02.2002, 02:54
I have emailed Skimmer, who had the idea with the flyin, and will see if we can get something going.

I'm already creating a website for the guys working with Rowans Battle of Britain Source Code, and I'm Commander of an active german Squad for IL-2...so my time is kinda limited.

However, I'd LOVE to try FS2002 multiplayer with the Mig, and I have plenty of experience with online aerobatics from the Janes F-18 sim.

If I can be of any help, email me at colonel@yline.com.

<RSColonel_131st>
25.02.2002, 03:00
A second thought just came to mind...

It sounds like Captain Sim is fully behind this idea. I would suggest we dont form x numbers of virtual squadrons, but just one...and make it official and elite. I dont expect more than 20 to 30 people willing to take it really serious, and thats about the right size.

If we could have 3 or 4 teams of up to 9 people who could practice some real team aerobatics it would look VERY good.

Of course there should be other squadrons for more casual guys, but if we can get at least 9 crack formation flyers togehter that would be awesome.

<spooky74>
25.02.2002, 06:23
Hi,
I'm on the east coast, anyone who wants to try out the '21 online, drop me a line.
ac47d@optonline.net
Regards,
Jon

Support
26.02.2002, 01:32
quote:

Also perhaps to think of a name....maybe Captain can issue that...Russian is fine by me.

It's up to you guys. If you'll use Konotop AFB for flights, it was a location of 105th Flight Training Regiment of Chernigov Higher Fighter Pilot School.

<RSColonel_131st>
26.02.2002, 01:50
The guys got my email...I wrote there I'd prefer a fictional name.
Look here:

http://members.chello.at/colonel/Dump031.jpg

This is the paint Job from our Old Janes F-18 Fictional Aerobatics team. Notice the multinational tail markings, for every country participating.

Something like "Silver...(add name here" would fit me. There is a real team out, the white Albatroses, using the L-39.

Of course, for a more casual training squad we can use a lot of other names. But if we compose an aerobatics team from the best, it should flash a little more.

<austin>
26.02.2002, 02:10
Silver "somethings"....wonder if the guys in support could tell us the mig21s nickname ...must have had one.. It better sound good with silver in front of it!!!

Here in Ireland they had a team in the air corps called the silver swallows flying fouga magisters up to a a year or two ago

Anyway, count me in with this virtual squadron thing, it will take practice to fly that rocket in formation

o_brienaustin@hotmail.com

<RSColonel_131st>
26.02.2002, 02:15
How about

"Silver Mongols"

Mongol-B is the actual NATO Codename for the Mig-21UM Trainer Version. Fishbed is the name of the fighter version.

Keep em suggestions rolling.

<austin>
26.02.2002, 03:14
just found the soviet/russian nickname for the mig 21 its "balalaika" which is a triangular shaped musical instrument (as is a delta wing..shaped that is!!)

Silver Balalaikas??
Silver Mongols??

Other funny stuff..the mig 25 apparently had the nickname Letaushchii gastronom meaning flying liqor store..after the amounts of booze that are injected into the engines to boost power

<RSColonel_131st>
26.02.2002, 03:29
Balalaika sounds a lot better than Mongol.

I'm all for that name.

<austin>
26.02.2002, 03:35
Silver Lances?
Mongol Arrows?

<austin>
26.02.2002, 03:38
Silver Balailaikas (I spelt it properly above)!!

is probably a likely name for a russian team..since it is the planes nick..

we'll see how that one goes down

Support
26.02.2002, 05:11
"Silver Balalayki" (plural for balalayka) sounds fun both in Russian and English.

BTW they sometime call the MiG-21 "balalayka" due to the triangle wing shape.

[ 26-02-2002, 05:13: Сообщение отредактировано: Support ]

<MJO>
26.02.2002, 15:27
Silver Balalayki's, sounds good to me. What about a fighter squadron name for the CFS2, when the set comes out for that sim? We need something there too....would be great to challenge comrades in CFS2, whereas that's where most of the action is....no!

<Skimmer>
26.02.2002, 18:19
Hi:

How about "Balalayka Dragons" or "Dragoneers"... that's something I had been pondering. Have also had an idea for the paint scheme (like a dragon)but don't know if I'll get a chance to do it soon enough.

MAC
skimmer@jet.es

<austin>
26.02.2002, 21:42
I think 3 of us MJO/RS Colonel and me want to go with silver Balalayki ..take a vote when we get going...

anyone able to get a website/exchange of ips etc going?

<RSColonel_131st>
26.02.2002, 21:48
Website would be doable, that server here is really great. For exchange of IPs we should stick with IRC for now.

PS: I prefer the "Silver" Approach, although the Dragon name doesn't sound bad either. But I really like the bare metal skin.

<austin>
26.02.2002, 22:00
you on for that fly in at konotop tonight??
see thread about being online tonight

also pardon my ignorance but where can I get a program for IRC??