PDA

Просмотр полной версии : AlphaSim's MiG Questionable

<MJO>
24.02.2002, 17:37
Just been browsing through some others creations, and found AlphaSim has quickly created a MiG, but for some reason it looks incomplete and questionable as to the "one"cockpit scheme, where there should be 2, as is in Captains creations.

Interior of AlphaSims usually always has the radar panel (never workable though, just blank or black) but where did that idea come that it has a radar when Captains indeed does not? Was there really a radar equipped in that MiG-21?

Not trying to put AlphaSim down (they do have nice creations as well) but really wonder if they research the planes as much as Captain does?

Once again, your MiG outranks any of them on the market, I do not regret anything just one bit from Captain....wonderful work.

Support
24.02.2002, 21:23
That's all right. The MiG-21 has been in production for more than 40 years in about 15 different vervions. Only 3 of them were two-siters: MiG-21U, MiG-21US, MiG-21UM.

The MiG-21 cockpits were pretty much different. In black colour, then black and grey, then blue-green.
Radar displays were installed on combat versions.

<MJO>
25.02.2002, 01:28
As limited as to my knowledge of all the MiG's out there....I supposed I just did not know. Thanks for the update on the combat versions of the MiG equipped with radar....

Suggestion....how about for CFS2, you make a workable radar (of course not to plot any courses, since CFS2 program is limited and cannot be done) but something like a flight director/homing device (or whatever it is called with the NDB) or so. Have seen them on some Hornets/Tomcats designed by Kotaro Akikawa (on the Flightsim.com site)and they work to some extent.

I am sure, if that is your plan, most of us would pay the extra to have that done, since a lot of the sim designers (AlphaSim to mention) don't include it,l not to mention, maybe a few do.

Just a suggestion....any comments??

<RSColonel_131st>
25.02.2002, 13:45
I dont think the Trainer Versions used the RADAR...did they?

Support
26.02.2002, 01:51
quote:

Originally posted by &lt;RSColonel_131st&gt;:
I dont think the Trainer Versions used the RADAR...did they?

Not for target management as on the combat versions. Radar ranging set only was installed on the MiG-21UM.

<John de Giorgio>
26.02.2002, 18:37
Well, I have to confess that after flying the excellent MiG21, I thought I would try the MiG23.
Always liked this aircraft.
Anyway, I paid my $$$ and downloaded it from AlphaSim.
Very disappointing to say the least. Terrible visual model which looked like an early FS98 effort!
Cockpit was reasonable but I suppose it serves me right. Unfortunately, AlphaSim don't show a decent picture of the aircraft.

What it does is show what great value the MiG21 is and what a great job Captain Sim have managed to do!!

Still waiting for a working A/P though :)

John.

Support
27.02.2002, 12:47
quote:

Still waiting for a working A/P though :)

Coming soon.