PDA

Просмотр полной версии : On-line flying demo/airshow

<Skimmer>
22.02.2002, 23:30
Hi:

Just an idea I've been thinking about. How about having some virtual 'fly-in'(like the ones done on VATSIM/IVAO) using only the Mig-21s and L-39s from Captain? We could get an interesting air show going, maybe at Konotop? Also can get some cool screenshots.

Also thought of having a list of people an addresses so users can get together and fly with other people. It would be great to do some formation flying in these birds.

MAC
skimmer@jet.es

<RSColonel_131st>
23.02.2002, 04:18
Excellent idea. As far as I know addons will show up in multiplayer if both guys have them installed?

Would not be fun to see a Chessna flying at the speed of a Mig21.

Sadly I dont have Konotop Scenery...but the rest sounds very good.

<Smith>
23.02.2002, 04:50
Sounds like a cool idea but I don't think Captain is in the virtual fly-in business. Let's not waste their Starfighter development time :-)

<Skimmer>
23.02.2002, 08:39
Hi:

Glad to see some interest. I agree, let the guys at Captain work on the 104 :) And any other project, I'd be a sucker for the 707 too want to try that barrell roll that the test pilot once did :)

Whoever's interested on multiplayer flying drop me an e-mail. I don't have a lot of time to fly around much but I'd be glad to get together with someone and try things out and ellaborate the idea.

Regards,

MAC
skimmer@jet.es

sigkadetmii
24.02.2002, 09:06
Yeah!!! always wanted to do that but no-one ever
replys

Support
24.02.2002, 21:47
SUCH A GOOD IDEA!
To fly together is always more fun!
The Flight training course will be released soon. A lot of our MiG-21s and L-39s flying out there. You guy could form some training squadrons, wings, select emblems etc.

We can provide free web hosting for the squadrons.

<RSColonel_131st>
25.02.2002, 02:49
I mailed you.

I led a Formation Team for 6 months in Janes F-18 Sim, and without bragging I can say that till today I'm pretty good at MP Formation flying.

Lets see if we can find a time to get going...

A chatroom would be nice so that we could set up flights easier.

Support, any change you could add a small chat room on your website, where people can gather and exchange IPs for online flights?

<Skimmer>
25.02.2002, 12:05
Hi:

Glad to see interest is picking up. Training squadrons and such is well worth looking into... something a little different from all the virtual airlines out there.

I'm pressed for time, but will try to organize something if people are willing to help out. just drop me a message skimmer@jet.es

MAC

Support
26.02.2002, 01:27
quote:

Support, any change you could add a small chat room on your website, where people can gather and exchange IPs for online flights?

We can provide free web space only.

<RSColonel_131st>
26.02.2002, 02:05
Free webspace is cool...could you maybe tell me what kinda server you are running? I have a chatroom around, but it doesn't work on every server, needs an IIS from Mircosoft.

<RSColonel_131st>
26.02.2002, 02:07
Okay, i checked, you guys are running an M§ Internet Information Server.

If that thing supports .asp we can easly create our own chatroom, of course only if you allow that to us.

Support
26.02.2002, 02:56
- Java,ADO,ASP,
- PHP, Perl 5.6.0
- Full custom CGI execution
- PERL, C, C++, XML, HXML
- Microsoft Index Server and Interdev
- Microsoft Media Support
- Macromedia Flash Support
- Shockwave Support
- Microsoft Frontpage 2002 Support
- MySQL Database Manager
- SSI (Server Side Includes)
- Mime Types
- Multimedia Support
- Hosted SSL Scripts-
- Automated tasks with cron

<RSColonel_131st>
26.02.2002, 03:28
Holy mother of God!

I'm sold.

For those not in the know, .ASP allows for database driven websites, I could use a small Access Database for that task.

There's practically nothing we can't do on that server...for example creating a little chat is pretty easy me thinks. I've also a message board around here to use.

Okay, as soon as the Squadron Details form up nicely, we should contact each other and work that out.

Thanxs to all involved at Captain Sim for this great offer. This is outstanding!