PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Updated models test reports

Support
21.02.2002, 04:49
After FS2002 freezing on exit (or aircraft change) reports we recompiled the visual models.
The following are reports from people who had the problems and tested the updated models.

The models are included into both packages yesterday. If anyone who purchased the MiG on 18 an 19 of February still has "freezing" problems, please contact us and get the updated models.

THE REPORTS:

I tested the new model files tonight and in general I can say that the problem has been solved. I tested all 3 models (um, um1 and um2)
IN ALL MODELS (UM, UM 1 AND UM2) THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:

WHEN USING THE COCKPIT SWITCHES:

nav lights on and off with the cockpit switch and landing lights cockpit switch on and off: NO CRASHES and NO PROBLEMS WITH SHUTING DOWN FS2002 AFTERWARDS (NORMAL SHUTDOWN)

WHEN USING THE KEYBOARD TO ACTIVATE (ALL MODELS):

NAV LIGHTS AND LANDING LIGHTS ON AND OFF: NO CRASH AFTERWARDS SHUTING DOWN FS 2002: NO CRASH AND NORMAL SHUTDOWN

SWITCHING MIG MODELS (UM. UM1 AND UM2) RUNNING FS 2002:

NO CRASHES: WITH ALL LIGHTS ON (NAV AND LANDING), SEPARATE NAV, SEPARATE LANDING. I SWITCH SEVERAL TIMES FROM MIG TO MIG MODELS AND SHUTING DOWN FS 2002 BUT NO CRASHES OR CRASH REPORT WINDOW APPEARED

SWITCHING MIG MODELS TO OTHER FS AIRCRAFT AND BACK TO THE RESPECTIVE MIG MODELS AGAIN:

NO CRASHES AT ALL WITH OR WITHOUT NAV AND LANDINGS LIGHTS ON. ALSO FS2002 GOT A NORMAL SHUTDOWN.

So you see on my system the problem has been solved. So a very good job. As with the old models I got crashes with the lights on (nav and landing) when I changed planes (mig to mig and mig to other aircraft). I had to restart Fs2002 in the old models. With the new models that is totally gone now.

My system: Dell dimension XPS B1000 (1 Ghz PIII), 256 mb ram, nVidia Geforce2 GTS, 32 mb, Turtle Beach, santa cruz sound card. CH products F16 stick and throttle system and Thrustmaster rudder pedals. Also the programmed switches on my CH system work fine with FS2002 and so with the Mig models.

Extra I tested the above options in both my installed FS2002 versions. As I said I have a clean install without add on's (only the L39 and Mig are on it) and I have an installation of Fs 2002 with all kind of add on's: aircraft, scenery's with other texture files (trees, water, clouds etc). IN BOTH INSTALLATIONS I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THE NEW MODELS: NO PROBLEMS AND NO CRASHES.

Well I hope my test will help you. I think they will. Good luck.

Robert
=====================
REPORT 2

Guys, your new models are faultless. I have tested the UM model in these situations:
a) Took off (from everything swithed on from saved situation) and landed safely. Then, I quit the program. Now, normally, the Microsoft crash warning message should appear. Nothing happened. The program closed normally.
b) Took off and crashed it deliberately. Both from internal view and from the spot view. The program, at both situations, reloaded normally.
c) Everything switched off from a saved situation. Switching them on properly, took off and landed safely. Then, taxied and everything was switched off. Again, the program closed normally.(In this situation, I didnt have any problem before, but tested it anyway).
I ve also crashed deliberately the other two models and landed them safely, and the program closed or reloaded normally. My opinion is that they are ok. If I discover anything, I will let you know.
Regards,
Andy

<McFly>
21.02.2002, 06:16
You guys have the best support around. Thanks for your fast reply and concern to make everyone smile. I hope this model is selling like crazy. You guys deserve a good reward for your effort.

McFly

<Cello>
21.02.2002, 16:29
I had several crashes yesterday (nevertheless the mig is a true winner!!!). Any chance to get those new airfiles somwehre. Couldnt find them on the supportside.

best regards
Cello

Support
22.02.2002, 01:13
Thanks!
Ref the updates, please contact us via email to get the Patch 1 (who has any crash problem of course :) .

ONE MORE REPORT:
=================

(1)Using all 3 new models I completed 1 normal flight. Ok
(2)Exited fs2002 with each of the 3 aircraft selected and on runway...used
to crash but is fine now.
(3) Crashed each of the aircraft into the ground...Ok reloads now and doesnt
crash.
(4) With each of the 3 migs on the runway I selected another aircraft
(learjet) and then switched back to each mig and Ok.

in short ..I had a good thorough look and all appears Ok

machine
p4 1.3GHz
256 MB rambus
geforce 2 pro

regards
austin

<McFly>
22.02.2002, 04:03
Not so fast.
The new .mdl files doesn't crash on me anymore. . . so far. Thank You! :) But I noticed that the gear would not close on the camo skin version. :) Also, ATC would not work at Konotop while I was on the ground. :) It would resume operation once airborne.

The transparent box comes up with the multiple choice options but they are all frozen till airborne.

It is still a blast to fly :)

McFly

<Still won't shut down>
22.02.2002, 06:29
Athlon 1.4 526 Meg ram, GeForce2 MX 400 32 Meg mem, Windows XP Prof. Downloaded the patch and installed it and my system still won't exit out on FS 2K2. Smoke works fine though.

Bob

Support
22.02.2002, 07:52
quote:

But I noticed that the gear would not close on the camo skin version.

Did you play with "EMERGENCY gears down" lever before take-off? :) Yeah, that red thing port-side which says: АВАР.ШАССИ :)

quote:

Also, ATC would not work at Konotop while I was on the ground. It would resume operation once airborne.
The transparent box comes up with the multiple choice options but they are all frozen till airborne.

Yes, ATC doesn't work on the groun in Konotop....

Support
22.02.2002, 07:54
quote:

Originally posted by &lt;Still won't shut down&gt;:
Athlon 1.4 526 Meg ram, GeForce2 MX 400 32 Meg mem, Windows XP Prof. Downloaded the patch and installed it and my system still won't exit out on FS 2K2. Smoke works fine though.

Bob

Did you use default FS2002 flights for testing? Because some old saved flights can "remember" and generate problems itself.

<Reply>
22.02.2002, 18:37
Seem like I only have this incomplete shutdown when I run in the full screen mode. When I run in a window, it shuts down o.k..

Bob

Support
22.02.2002, 23:01
Try TO SHUTDOWN the engine and turn off all MiG-21 electrics (as requires the check list) BEFORE exit FS2002.