PDA

Просмотр полной версии : To fast for FS2002?

<Cello>
20.02.2002, 00:55
Hello captains

Congratulation to the whole team. Thats how addon-planes should be. I just miss some mockup-dogfights within FS2002. However I have a question: Since youre superb textures (1024X1024)eat up allmost all the memory on my viedeocard (Geforce3, 64MB) and I use the new landclasses wich eat even more, things go blurry very fast. On crosscountry, nap of the earth at 700km/h+ there is no more autogen and only the lowres mips are displayed. Would it help to use a set of 512x512 textures? Or is it just Fs2002 that can not cope up with the Mig? With less demanding Aircraft, even the horizon is sharp (I use NVMax for tweaking). The quality of youre textures would be outstanding even in that resolution.

And please, Im not neatpicking here, just curios and I enjoy very much youre work!

Best regards, Cello

Support
20.02.2002, 21:59
Thanks.
Most likely aircraft speed in not the cause here. Display quality and density depends on your system configuration and settings. Just play with settings until you get the picture you like (if your hardware could handle it of course).

Mip mapped textures for all MiGs versions are available for download. Of course you'll lose in quality but gain in performance.