PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Radio will not work for me after a cold start.

<RSColonel_131st>
20.02.2002, 00:15
I think Smith got it right,..that problem happens when u switch frtom a plane with avionics master off to another plane without avionics main switch. That's how I create a "cold" situation.

Thanxs for the answers, I knew it was my fault :)

<RSColonel_131st>
20.02.2002, 03:26
Sorry for another topic asking for help. I'm sure this is user error rather than a bug...

If I start with a Cold Maschine, and follow the Checklist step by step, all the way to "taxi" I can NOT talk to the ATC. The radio doesn't work. I made sure BATT Switch and Intercom/Radio Switch are on, as well as everthing else mentioned on the checklist. I just sit there on the park ramp with a running engine, I have my selection in the ATC menu, but pressing a number will not transmit anything.

If, in that situation, I hit Ctrl+E once (using automatic startup) the CPU obvisiously does switch something on, because after that I can use the ATC normal. I tried to see the difference, but no luck. It's like there is a hidden key somewhere only the automatic startup can reach.

Thanxs for any help...I really enjoy this plane.

Support
20.02.2002, 04:27
We've just rechecked in Meigs.
Radio works perfect. The minimum that it requires is BATT and RADIO switches off. Engine doesn't matter.

One quetion, how do you make the situation "cold"?

<Smith>
20.02.2002, 05:56
I've hit this problem time and time again with cold starting with other aircraft. You have to make sure the Avionics master switch is on. There's a key mapping assignment for it. I mapped my "A" key to it.