PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Aircraft texture problem

Support
19.02.2002, 06:57
What's your video card?

<Yokle>
19.02.2002, 11:01
3dfx Voodoo 3. I know it's old but I had to update the drivers to get the textures to work properly in fs2002. That worked fine and I noticed your minimum requirements were just within my spec.

keith.hollywood@btinternet.com

<Yokle>
19.02.2002, 12:18
I have just installed the MIG-21 and my textures are all jumbled. All flavours of the aircraft look the same (a mess!). Has anybody had this same problem? keith.hollywood@btinternet.com
:)

Support
19.02.2002, 18:21
OK. As soon as we collect several similar reports will try to fix the old cards compatibility problem.

<I have the same problem>
19.02.2002, 20:44
Hi:

I also have a Voodoo 3 3000 PCI and have the same problems with mumbled up textures. The forward panel view works all right but everythin else is screwed up (virtual cockpit, outside textures, etc.)

Shame caus the screenshots really look good ;-) Nice work on this and the L-39 in any case.

Regards,

MAC
skimmer@jet.es

<Thanks>
19.02.2002, 21:17
Thanks I would appreciate that. It's about time I upgraded my video card though!

Question for Mac - Does the L-39 have the same problem?

Keith

<Stuart>
20.02.2002, 01:58
I have the same problem with my 3Dfx Voodoo 3/3000

<Yokle>
20.02.2002, 02:15
Obviously the 3Dfx card is the problem. Any Idea from 'Support' how long to wait for a fix? It is very fustrating to have spent the money and have to wait for the 'Eye Candy'. Otherwise the aircraft fly's fine.
I am having some fs shutdown/crashing problems though, as discussed in another topic. I seemed to get around the problem by creating a new flight and not just adding the MIG to a saved flight situation.

keith.hollywood@btinternet.com

Support
20.02.2002, 04:18
We'll prepare test set of textures for old cards this week.
Everyone who needs them please leave your name and email here.

<Robert Valet (MiG-59)>
20.02.2002, 07:49
quote:

Originally posted by Support:
We'll prepare test set of textures for old cards this week. Everyone who needs them please leave your name and email here.

I do.

Robert Valet

email: michael@grueterich.com

One more question: Since the MiG-21 Flight Training Course that also should have been in the download package wasn't included yet, did all registered customers get a mail where and when to download it?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany.

Support
20.02.2002, 09:00
quote:

I do.

The old video cards compatibility problem is solved. Standard package ($19.95) textures update IS available for download. Special package update will be available for download on 20 Feb early morning Pacific.

Everyone who has any problems with "grey" textures please contact us via email for download info.

quote:

One more question: Since the MiG-21 Flight Training Course that also should have been in the download package wasn't included yet, did all registered customers get a mail where and when to download it?

Absolutely.

<Replacement Textures>
20.02.2002, 16:27
Hi:

To answer your question, the L-39 works perfectly, no problems with either the Ukrainian or Navy Agressor paint schemes.

It's just the MiG-21 textures that don't seem to work. I will need the replacements when you have the package ready.

skimmer@jet.es

Thanks again.

MAC
skimmer@jet.es

Support
20.02.2002, 21:41
L-39 textures work fine with any videorard.

But the MiG-21 is all new Gmax model with all FS2002 effects (reflections etc). Old and low memory card can't support them properly.

That's why we've released the update. It will work with most video cards but of course you never get the quality that good video card could provide. But anyway it's much better than just the grey mess all over the model.

Again, everyone who has texturing problem please contact us for the updates links.

<Yokle>
21.02.2002, 01:30
I now have your upgrade for the textures to run on my 'steam driven' video card. Thanks for the very quick response on this to you guys in support.
They look nowhere near as good as your previous textures I've seen on the screen shots so I'm of to buy a new 64meg card this weekend (anybody have any recommendations?).
Gee this aircraft is going to cost me, but it will be worth it!

Thanks again - Yokle keith.hollywood@btinternet.com