PDA

Просмотр полной версии : CFS3 , first look

Chileno
26.10.2002, 06:35
ne ponravilos`... ochen` medlenno i ubogo vse v plane grafiki... kak tam dynamic company ne znayu , eshe ne igral.. mission, training, quick combat... che skazhu.. xer znaet ... posle ILa vse kak-to srednen`ko... i MEEEEdlenno...

shas po setke poprobuem s drugom porubitsya... mozhet tam che xoroshego otkroetsya..

bye

Araks
26.10.2002, 16:18
Ндя, млин. Тамошний люд тож недоволен.

SimFreak
26.10.2002, 21:40
This is from: DDD_Tabaaha from http://www.netwings.org/dcforum/DCForumID27/743.html

AHH, as cfs3 is finally released i can post my personal review, waiting for the public release.!..
Keep in mind that, if I got the gold, I ordered and paid for the game to be free to post as any other user.
<<<It's a PERSONAL thought>>> . there is, and there will be tons of very good and sirup reviews, so i will NOT talk about the good sides of this game (THERE IS some GOOD THINGS in this game), many will do it at my place.
I will only point to the bad sides, nothing in all of what I say is secret or private, everyone will notice it if he play with this game.

For me this game is a arcade game ,certainly a good one, I have some pleasure to play with it, as any new game, certainly nice, eye candy, with nice clouds, blah blah blah.. So dont waste your time to tell me i point only bad things, i am aggressive, not objective, etc, I KNOW IT.

I really hoped better from cfs3, I suppose if I didnt know nothing about this game thing could be different but I spent long time to test, write, talk, send wishes, to make this game better and my disapointment is big. I suppose it 's different for a user who will buy it and play with it today , I can understand it but for me it's like a anvil falling in my head.

Try to understand: if you wait for someone or something , if you ask for something, if someone ask your opinion, if you spend time & energy to give it, if you imagine, because people let you imagine things, if you hope, because people let you hope that what you say will be listened, and if you are disapointed, your disapointment is bigger than if you didnt hope anything. It's my case and it's why my post can be inobjective. except that, I only talk about facts and these facts are reality actually, even if things can change in future. It doesnt mean we wil not trying our best to create something in cfs3, we will but actually my anger is too big, this cfs is for me the worse of the 3 cfs.I wait for Forgotten Battles..

-Flight models :a BIG and BAD joke, even worse than cfs1. and no way to fix them accuracely, neither to create good ones for futur addons. which make this game defintively off for me.( as long as there is no solution).

- Why no accurate fm possible: no digital gauges , no flight datas recorder , no clickable gauges, and actually no way to create them with the new cfs3 engine.
no reload of the model when you change one small value in air file (you have to restart the game every time).. As I said before, it mean no addons (I mean high quality ones, not flyable 3d models) before a long time.

-There is so ridiculous errors and bugs in flight model that listing should be too long. just some eg: 12sec for a flat 360° with a tempest. looping and spins with a b26 loaded at 15% fuel and full ammos, pitch effect almost ridiculous in all planes. Stall effect are THE real joke of the game.

-Now DP is integrated to the gmax 3d creation, mean extra job for 3d designers (which are not often good DP designers) and no possibilities for others to create there own DPs.

- No way to adjust accuracely the coords of parts like gears, engines, fuel tanks, etc which influence of course the flight model, because no tools can load a 3d blueprint with the x,y,z axis shown (like dpedit), so you cannot , for instance place your engine at his correst xyz coord, and it the same for all parts of the planes.
You can: if you are the original plane designer (and if you have the skill for that) or if the designer give you his gmax source files..

-No window mode (mean no way to use and switch with external prog if needed)

- No map! can you imagine a sim in 2002 without map?

-No time compression .

-No 2d panels, only these 3d ones. and no way to add some actually and maybe never, i dont know..

-No nav instruemnts and no way to add them, no autopilot (real one I mean): forget the nice free flight over the rockies or MP bomb runs in norway.

-No fuel managment, you cant no longer choose your fuel tanks, manage your fuel consuption with the gauges and with the mixture and prop. you cannot decide to empty one tank instead of another because plane could fly better in this way.. just take off and fight like any other arcade game.

-no magneto, or starter management with the clickable gauges.

- Still no overheat damage !! (discussed for one year between designers and M$ team.. "expected behaviour " is the standard response.

-Radar now limited to 8 miles (I KNOW, it's not a radar but an "eyeball" range, but it change nothing), it mean : without radar, map and nav gauges, the only thing you can do is to press the warp button or to follow your attributed waypoints (see below), no way to find your way yourself.

- No way to modify waypoints! can you imagine a flight game in 2002 where you cant modify them?

-No Addons sceneries, forget the fights over the grand canyon and the Rolf China meshs... you are limited to a 1400x1400km (if i remember)

-no module System. Module system was the way to get tools like CFO weather, FSUIPC, etc, the most needed tools for a real game, which was no included in cfs2 and neither in cfs3 , but now we cannot create them. it's the worse thing it could happen to cfs.

- Under a Ge force3 ti and athlon 1800 forget it..
- Weather gestion by the user or host is really poor: eg: you cannot play with limited visib, 3 layers of clouds, two layer of winds, with a surface wind, in solo or in MP.. It WAS POSSIBLE in cfs2 with CFO.

-No mission Builder ....!

- No carriers....!

-No level bombing and no way to add level bombers ....!!

- Plane textures are still very poor: 512 ( I mean : on a 1024 bmp you have the two wings, res is very poor compared to our 1024 long wing for all BR2 planes, with a superior graphic quality, even in 3d panels))

- This damn rooky option for crimson skies lovers, which allow you to "repaint" (AND RUIN all addon paintjob) your plane with wing tips , fuse strip and pre-loaded nose art..

-in the solo mode: you cant finish a mission in landing on another of your bases, you have to go back you base, otherwise you have to quit the mission unfinished even if it's a success.

Ground textures and water are not bad, but not exceptionel (see the shots of next sims which will come..!)

- (maybe fixed between the gold and the final but i doubt): In "hud" mode, you cannot see you planes when you move the view ! and you keep on the screen the gauges and the hud panel like you were in front view... !!!! submitted but not fixed, like ALL bugs above..

-Still no real "discussion" with AI wingmen, you cant give orders to your guys, we had it in the old EAW, in falcon 4 and in many sim but not here

- Still No ground /air communication

-AI still have unlimited ammo & fuel I guess.!!

- Big bug with FFb joystick.

-Gestion of trim is really.. weird, to stay polite.

-In a Ground attack, just put unlimited ammos and destroy all you can, after one hour of playing, maybe you will see four bandit in your 6, shoot them like a 5 year old kid and continue to destroy ground target, nothin will happen, , you should be able to end the war yourself..

-solo mode: Empty skies, boring missions, take off shoot/bomb, land..

-Globally AI is still SO STUPID than my 7 year old kid can play in dog fight during 25 minutes before being shot down ( by the flak genreally or by ramming).
-In MP:

-Still no way to start on ground in dogfight mode !( discussed between freware designers and M$ for almost one year, ) you start at 5000 mini.

- No way to start each team on different bases.and you cannot add a dll like bill's one to do the job. (CFO weather)

-No AI with or against us in MP dogfight or team dogfight mode

-Rearm and refuel option once landed? FORGET IT, it was not needed (cf M$ team) so, no way to rearm and refuel.

-you cant go back RR and change plane, you are ejected to lobby, you have to crash the game to be moved in the ready room.

- Same if you crash in MP mission mode, you go back to looby, not in RR and have to rejoin the IP or server.

Paramon
06.11.2002, 17:22
А по-русски кто-нибудь САБЖ ругает? Или все ошарашены и молчат?

Serega
14.11.2002, 22:55
Я сегодня купил, поставил, запустил - если честно, ожидал большего. Кокпиты по сравнению с внешним видом - день и ночь.