???
Математика на уровне МГУ

Показано с 1 по 4 из 4

Тема: How level bombing was done with Pe-2 and Tu-2?

How level bombing was done with Pe-2 and Tu-2?

Hi guys! I'm happy I finally got through the registration (I don't understand more than a couple of words in Russian).

I'd like to ask you about the way level bombing was done with Pe-2 and Tu-2 since they do not seem to have bombsights installed <- I don't know if this is true, but I could not found any trace of a bombsight used for level bombing in any of they pictures I have with Pe-2 and Tu-2.

I found on airwar.ru this manual for Tu-2:

http://www.airwar.ru/other/bibl/tu2man.zip

Unfortunatelly I don't understand much (beside some operating limits). I saw the pages for dive bombing, but I'm more interested in level bombing. Was it possible to do level bombing beside from a small altitude (smaller than 800m) in those 2 planes? Maybe someone can help me with some explanations by translating the essential from the pages Tu2_Image79 to Tu2_Image87 in the above .zip archive.

Thank you

Старший Офицер Форума Аватар для RB

Ответ: How level bombing was done with Pe-2 and Tu-2?

Цитата Сообщение от dan_oprea
    Hi guys! I'm happy I finally got through the registration (I don't understand more than a couple of words in Russian).

I'd like to ask you about the way level bombing was done with Pe-2 and Tu-2 since they do not seem to have bombsights installed <- I don't know if this is true, but I could not found any trace of a bombsight used for level bombing in any of they pictures I have with Pe-2 and Tu-2.

I found on airwar.ru this manual for Tu-2:

http://www.airwar.ru/other/bibl/tu2man.zip

Unfortunatelly I don't understand much (beside some operating limits). I saw the pages for dive bombing, but I'm more interested in level bombing. Was it possible to do level bombing beside from a small altitude (smaller than 800m) in those 2 planes? Maybe someone can help me with some explanations by translating the essential from the pages Tu2_Image79 to Tu2_Image87 in the above .zip archive.

Thank you

(Tu2-image87) As far as I see they use bomb sight PBP-1 . POH however doesn't explane how to use this bomb sight in level bombing alough it mentions balistic tables for this type of bombing from altitude 50-800 meters.
    Cooperate, Graduate, Retaliate (c) Flight Safety
    sdflyer.blogspot.com

Цитата Сообщение от RB
    (Tu2-image87) As far as I see they use bomb sight PBP-1 . POH however doesn't explane how to use this bomb sight in level bombing alough it mentions balistic tables for this type of bombing from altitude 50-800 meters.
    Thanks for the answer RB. I see the PBP-1, this is a standard gunsight, good for steep dive bombing, but could the pilot use it for level bombing? How does he enter the speed and height of the bomber (you need at least this for level bombing)?

Can you tell me what are the devices shown in the first pic below? I see that the first one is used for dive bombing and the second one is used for dive and level bombing. Can you tell me what they are?
    Thanks again.

Старший Офицер Форума Аватар для RB

Цитата Сообщение от dan_oprea
    Thanks for the answer RB. I see the PBP-1, this is a standard gunsight, good for steep dive bombing, but could the pilot use it for level bombing? How does he enter the speed and height of the bomber (you need at least this for level bombing)?

Can you tell me what are the devices shown in the first pic below? I see that the first one is used for dive bombing and the second one is used for dive and level bombing. Can you tell me what they are?
    Thanks again.

According to POH PBP-1 can be used for level bombing; however, the level bombing technique by itself is not explained.
    Cooperate, Graduate, Retaliate (c) Flight Safety
    sdflyer.blogspot.com

Ваши права