???
Математика на уровне МГУ

Страница 11 из 11 ПерваяПервая ... 7891011
Показано с 251 по 255 из 255

Тема: Combat Mission:Shock Force

Ответ: Combat Mission:Shock Force

На сайте и форуме Battlefront.com нет ни малейшего намека на подобную игру...
    Вот с форума:
    Sorry for leaving you guys hanging. In our defense, it wasn't our choice to have someone figure this out over the 4th of July holiday weekend So here comes some off-the-cuff responses:

Many months ago we partnered with a Russian developer (not 1C, BTW) whom we have worked with on several other projects. They wanted to make an Afghanistan game for the Russian market. Since the CMx2 engine is designed to be worked on by outside developers *and* almost all of the requirements for this setting already existed *and* it wouldn't interfere with CM:SF and Normandy development... well, it was a no-brainer to do it.

This is not a Module for CM:SF. It is a stand alone Title with completely new forces and a modest number of new features. None of the TO&E in CM:SF is found in this new game, though of course a lot of the hardware is the same. But not everything is familiar to you guys. I'm going to leave it at that for now

There are four forces, two on each side; Soviet and DRA (Democratic Republic of Afghanistan) forces are on one side, Tribal Militias and Islamic Regiments (Mujahideen, as most in the West think of them) are on the other side. In comparison to CM:SF, the Soviet BMP and BTR borne Mech Infantry are the only ones that are relatively familiar to CM:SF players. That is because the Syrian equivalent was based on a slightly newer version of these forces. The rest of the Soviet forces, however, are not similar.

The modest number of new features in Afghanistan are ones which players will get a hold of in Normandy and beyond. The two significant gameplay changes are AAA in ground role and "random" personal weapons variations. By "random" I mean there are defined choices and the game dynamically assigns personal weapons within those parameters. This greatly increases the variety of weaponry found in the hands of any single Tribal Militia and Islamic Regiment unit, which in turn gives them a much less organized feel than the CM:SF Unconventional forces have. You can have anything from a contemporary top-of-the-line full automatic rifle to a surplus WW2 bolt action rifle within the same Squad/Team, then have a different mix of weapons for the next Squad/Team.

The campaigns and scenarios are historically based, thus giving the player a feel for the Afghanistan conflict as it played out. Like everything else in the Afghanistan game, we didn't make these. In fact, most of our beta testers had no idea this game was in development. We tell them almost everything about what is going on, with an emphasis on "almost"

Sooooooooooooo....

The bottom line question I know you have is "if I have CM:SF, will I want to purchase this new Afghanistan game?". Honestly, unless you have a particular interest in the Soviet involvement in Afghanistan, or are hankering for some of the new stuff that the game has in it, I'd say the answer is "unlikely". I say that because this is definitely a niche game which appeals to a particular national audience, much the way American Civil War has much stronger appeal to US based gamers and Napoleonics has to Western Europeans. Or, to put it in CMx1 terms, just like many people loved the Western Front and didn't buy into the Eastern Front, or Eastern Front people not buying into Afrika Korps. Which is fine with us since making lowest common denominator games isn't what we are about.

To sum up...

In the end this game was made by Russians for the Russian market. If there are non-Russians outside of the Russian market who want to play this game... great! The more the merrier But if people outside of the targeted demographic aren't interested, no harm done since this hasn't interfered with anything BFC is doing nor will it harm the potential of the Afghanistan game since it wasn't made to please the wider wargaming audience.

We've said all along that CMx2 was designed for parallel and outside development. We weren't joking

Steve
    И еще:
    The screenshots in there are very, very old. I can assure you that there are completely unique soldier models for all forces. Heck, they even made their own vehicle models instead of just reusing the ones we made for CM:SF!

As for quality control, the bulk of that is in our hands since it's our code and I've made the TO&E (using their specs) that the game is built around. They are doing the scenario/campaign design, implementation, and testing. So if there is a scenario that isn't a good depiction of a particular battle, sorry... not our area of expertise. Especially because there's not much about the military end of things printed in English. Since they are intending this game for those who know a lot about that conflict I'm sure they are paying attention to those details.

Steve
    Крайний раз редактировалось TempV; 06.07.2009 в 07:14.

Офицер Форума Аватар для Hemul

Все это появилось после того как я создал тему на форуме БФ.

Скриншоты из Нормандии:
    http://www.battlefront.com/community...ad.php?t=91606

=DAS=South Аватар для Южный

Цитата Сообщение от Hemul Посмотреть сообщение
    Скриншоты из Нормандии:
    http://www.battlefront.com/community...ad.php?t=91606
    По срокам что-нибудь определённое есть? А то в прошлом году обещали чуть ли не в 1 квартале 2010, а окромя редких скринов так ничего и нет.

Обещают в этом году.
    А раньше они вообще обещали ее к лету 2009...

Страница 11 из 11 ПерваяПервая ... 7891011

Ваши права