???
Математика на уровне МГУ

Показано с 1 по 3 из 3

Тема: Just Curious

<Tzser>
    Гость

Just Curious

Hey Capt. Sim, during your developemental process with the F-104 where you able to find out why they painted the wings white all the time with the "polished aluminum" versions? I always hated that and wondered why. I know its a stupid question....just curious.

Best Regards,
    Tzser

Re: Just Curious

"Tom said they were painted White to reflect the heat from the actuators/components in the wings. From a Lockheed documentation, I read it was a protective coating due to the manufacturing process of the "machined skin". I think they had wing actuator problems ? seals leaking? during
    it's early flying days so Tom could be correct. If the case, I'm sure this was resolved shortly afterwards because camouflaged F104s began appearing during the early 1960's.
    I do know the skin on the wing is actually machined...so I'd go with the coating answer.

Bob"

PS: Bob and Tom are the F104 pros from the "Starfighter" team.
    Best regards,
    Captain Sim Team
    www.captainsim.com

<Tzser>
    Гость

Re: Just Curious

Wow, thanks support for answering that question..I didn't think you would waste your time answering that one. With all the research I did I was unable to ever answer that question, thanks again.

Best Regards,
    Tzser

Ваши права